Visiting Dubai soon and don’t want to miss out on anything?
Don’t worry, I’ve put together this ultimate bucket list of the best things to do in Dubai so you don’t have to spend ages researching things to do.
From the tallest building in the world to sandboarding in the desert, this list includes all the must-do activities in Dubai.
Check out 37 Dubai Captions For Instagram – Puns, Quotes & Short Captions for Instagram caption inspiration!
Top Things To Do In Dubai – Dubai Bucket List
- Gaze out at the panoramic views of Dubai and the Arabian Gulf from the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building standing at 828m.
- Go sandboarding in the desert! You can join a tour like this one where you’ll be taken out into the Dubai Desert and be shown how to sandboard.
- Gaze at the magnificent Dubai Fountain. The world’s tallest fountain offers daily shows where 22,000 gallons of water are shot up to 500 feet in the air.
- Head out into the iconic red dunes of the Lahbab Desert.
- Relax on a yacht in the Dubai Marina. You can book onto a tour like this one which sails past Dubai’s iconic landmarks.
- Eat your dinner in the sky! Whilst being suspended 50m above Dubai, you’ll be served a 3 course meal whilst enjoying panoramic views of the Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and more.
- Spend a night at the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel. This luxury 5 star hotel is world famous and even sits on its own island.
- Zoom over Dubai with XLine Dubai Marina – this zipline is the world’s longest urban zipline allowing you to cruise over the Dubai marina past Dubai’s most iconic skyscrapers.
- Stargaze in the Mleiha Desert after sunset.
- Spend a night at Atlantis The Palm, one of Dubai’s most iconic hotels which sits on Palm Jumeirah island.
- If you’re feeling adventurous then why not go skydiving over The Palm with Skydive Dubai? Whilst falling at 120mph, you’ll get a once in a lifetime view of the iconic Palm Jumeirah island from 13,000 ft.
- Ride in an abra along the Dubai Creek. Whilst aboard this traditional Emirati wooden boat, you’ll glide past Dubai’s most iconic landmarks including the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain. The best time to go is during the Dubai Fountain Show.
- Splash around at Dubai Aquaventure water park! You can slide down one of their epic water slides or relax on the private beach.
- Fall asleep in the desert under the stars at the Starlight Camp. Featuring dome-shaped tents out in the desert complete with a bed, shower and even a telescope for stargazing.
- Visit the Jumeirah Mosque which is built entirely from white stone in the traditional Fatimid style. Sunset is the best time to visit.
- Travel into the future at VR Park inside the Dubai Mall. You could be propelled down the side of the world’s tallest building or even battle a dragon – this is an experience like no other.
- Explore the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. This is one of the world’s largest indoor aquariums including an underwater tunnel under a huge shark & ray filled tank.
- Spend an afternoon shopping at the Dubai Mall which has over 1,200 shops to choose from.
- Spend a night onboard Dubai’s floating hotel, the retired British ocean liner QE2.
- Gaze at the world’s largest picture frame, the Dubai Frame. This glistening, golden frame stands at 150m. If you’re feeling brave, you can even walk on a clear glass walkway at the top.
- Go skiing at Ski Dubai.
- Take a stroll along Al Seef, a charming creekside area filled with shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Discover new flavors at the Dubai Spice Souk. This traditional market offers a range of herbs and spices spilling from baskets. You can chat with the local vendors to learn new recipes!
- Admire the architecture of the Blue Mosque, Dubai’s largest mosque which was inspired by the Blue Mosque of Istanbul.
- Explore the world at the Global Village. 90 cultures from across the globe are represented here including food, stalls, rides, parades, shows and more. There’s even a Taj Mahal replica!
- Delve into Dubai’s history by exploring the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood. Here you’ll find traditional stone buildings, narrow alleyways and wind tunnels.
- Explore the UAEs history and heritage at the Etihad Museum.
- Spend an afternoon relaxing on Kite Beach which features a pristine stretch of white sand and a range of water sports including kite surfing.
- Fly in a hot air balloon over the Dubai desert. The best time is during sunrise or sunset.
- Travel back in time to discover the ancient methods of Arabic perfume making at the Al Shindagha Museum: Perfume House.
- Hop onboard one of Dubai’s sightseeing buses to see all of Dubai’s most iconic landmarks all in one go!
- Catch a show at the Dubai Opera House. They offer a range of shows from opera, musicals, ballet, comedy and more. There’s something for everyone.
- Spend a day relaxing and exploring La Mer beachfront.
- Experience ancient Arabia at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. This Arabian bazaar is filled with beautiful items from handmade jewellery to spices and much more.
- Wander through the Dubai Miracle Garden. This stunning flower garden has over 50 million flowers for you to enjoy.
- Explore an indoor vertical tropical rainforest at The Green Planet. With over 3,000 species of plants, colorful birds, reptiles and even sloths.
- Get up close and personal with butterflies at the Dubai Butterfly Garden. This epic garden has over 15,000 butterflies!
- Visit the Al Fahidi Fort, a 200 year old fort and the oldest building in Dubai. At one time it was the home of the monarch but today it has been converted into a museum.
- Race around on a rooftop with a view of the Burj Khalifa at EKart Zabeel. This go-karting racetrack is a fun activity for everyone.
- Catch a live theater show at La Perle. From acrobatics to water stunts, shows often leave viewers stunned as they involve impressive tricks.
- Buy some jewellery at the Dubai Gold Souk. This market consists of hundreds of jewellery sellers, selling a range of items made mostly from gold.
- Ride a rollercoaster in the biggest indoor theme park on the planet – IMG Worlds of Adventure.
- Have dinner underwater at Ossiano. This impressive restaurant looks out into Atlantis The Palm’s aquarium so you’ll be able to gaze at sting rays, sharks and fish as you eat!
- Treat your tastebuds and try a Middle Eastern Shawarma! This dish consists of meat rolled into a flatbread or pita and roasted. This is usually made from chicken, beef, goat or lamb.
- Sip on a cocktail at The Penthouse during sunset. This impressive bar located on the rooftop of the Five Palm Jumeirah hotel offers spectacular views of the Dubai skyline and even has a glass-fronted pool.
- Go dune bashing in the desert! This fun off-roading activity is a must do when in Dubai.
- Haggle for a bargain in a souk. Visit one of Dubai’s many souks and try to haggle!
- Eat a camel burger! This one’s not for everyone but if you’re feeling brave why not give it a go.
Thanks for reading this ultimate bucket list covering 48+ awesome things to do in Dubai.
How many can you tick off?